You’ll understand how to cater for clients at home or who travel, and be able to construct highly-effective workouts for building muscle and performance without the need for a gym.
You’ll learn about resistance profiles and how to ensure that you’re using resistance bands in a way that fits your clients’ biomechanics.
You’ll gain access to sample workouts and circuits that you can “plug and play” into your training programmes.
What will Nick teach you?
Advanced Bodyweight Training caters for your Personal Training clients who can’t (or won’t) train at a gym, or who need to still maintain their exercise regime whilst on holiday or travelling. In this course, Nick Tumminello explains why you don’t need barbells or dumbbells to build muscle and performance, reveals the best way to use resistance bands, and provides a library of sample workouts and circuits for you to adapt for your own training programmes.
Add Advanced Bodyweight Training and MMA Conditioning to your basket to receive a further discount.
Advanced Bodyweight Training
Unit 1: The Problem with Bodyweight-Only Workouts
- Understand the limiting factors behind training with just your bodyweight.
- Identify the advantages of using resistance bands.
- Understand the advantages of combining traditional and bodyweight exercises into a training programme.
Unit 2: Two Types of Iron-Free Training
- Identify resistance profiles of resistance bands.
- Understand how load profiles combine with biomechanics.
- Explain the stimuli for building muscle.
- Understand how different repetition ranges can create different stimuli for hypertrophy.
Unit 3: Iron-Free High-Volume Training Protocols
- Create lower-body training protocols with bodyweight and resistance bands.
Unit 4: Pulling and Pushing Complexes
- Create upper-body training protocols with bodyweight and resistance bands.
Unit 5: Isolation-Based Complexes
- Create iron-free training protocols for smaller muscle groups.
- Consider modifications to training protocols for different client goals.
- Utilise mechanical drop set protocols using bodyweight and resistance bands.
Unit 6: Programming and Progression Guidelines
- Understand how to create overload without adding load.
Unit 7: Top Conditioning Protocols
- Create conditioning workouts for both indoor and outdoor locations with different equipment demands.
Unit 8: Sample Bodyweight Workouts
About Nick Tumminello
Nick Tuminello has a wealth of experience as a trainer of clients and athletes of all levels – from amateur to professional. As an educator, Nick specialises in providing practical solutions to real-world issues that coaches face by delivering information, methods, and techniques that have been challenged in the trenches.
2016 NSCA Personal Trainer of the Year, author of multiple best-selling health and fitness books and published in over 30 major health and fitness magazines.
Is this course all online?
Yes – this course and all assessments associated with this course are online.
How is this course assessed?
This course is assessed via online multiple choice assessments which are found in the student portal.
Can I do the course at my own pace?
You can – however, you must complete all units in order. Each unit of the course has a quiz, which you must complete before progressing onto the next unit.
Do I have access to the content for life?
Yes. This is something we have always promised our students, and that doesn’t change.
How much time will I need to dedicate to studying?
This course consists of three Guided Learning Hours. You may find you need more or less study based on your current knowledge and experience.
Is this course accredited?
Our courses are not currently accredited or associated with CPD points
Do I get a certificate?
Yes – on completion, you will receive a virtual certificate detailing your results. We also send out physical certificates once per quarter to students who have registered their postal address with us.
What are the grade boundaries?
Any course requires a score of 80% in the online assessment in order to pass. If you score 85% or above, you will achieve a “Merit” grade, and a score of 90% or above will earn you a “Distinction”.
Are there any requirements to enrolling on the course?
We don’t insist that you have any qualifications prior to enrolling on one of our courses. You will need a strong interest in the subject matter, a desire to learn, and a willingness to ask if you need extra help. You should have a good command of spoken and written English, and a strong enough internet connection to watch standard definition videos.